Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A&D Ointment? Really?

I never knew A&D Ointment would work for baby acne! I've always used it for my tattoos but never dreamed it would work for baby acne. Although it doesn't do much for diaper rash, it works wonders for the face!

So when my daughter was a few weeks old I noticed some little pimple looking blemishes on her face. I knew they would go away on their own but i just couldn't stand the sight of them. I tried washing her face every few hours, but that seemed to dry her face out and make it worse. I tried putting breast milk on it and that helped but not fast enough. I wanted something that would moisturize her face, not dry it out. So I grabbed my trusty A&D ointment and dabbed it on her precious cheeks. I made sure I kept her face looking a little glossy, applying it every hour or so.

The next morning they were so improved that I really had to search to see any sign of them. So I continued my applications. By the next day, they were gone! Out of sight! I was so relieved! After that, I just applied it a few times a day to keep her skin moisturized.

She doesn't get baby acne anymore, but every now and then she looks like her cheeks are chapped so out the A&D ointment comes and her cheeks get glazed. And by the end of the day her skin looks rejuvenated.

I got this tube of ointment at her baby shower, and it was a large tube. Since I use it so sparingly, I still have it. Natalie is almost 7 months old now and the tube looks unused. A&D ointment is not expensive and a little bit goes a long way!

If you're having issues with baby acne, dry skin, even for yourself, give this stuff a try. It doesn't smell the greatest, but who cares?! It works!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip! Now I know what to use my tube of A&D for I have never used it on my lo, but hate wasting thing and it seems that in my house its baby thing/produtes that go to waste often if i can find a uses or someone to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya. I have tons of diaper rash cream that I haven't found a use for yet. Although I have an experiment in mind...

    ReplyDelete